Previously known as CyanogenMod, LineageOS carries the legacy forward with a new name but the same focus on features and tweaks. LineageOS 14.1 Nightly Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM is now available for Google Pixel XL. Want better performance and more control over your device? Here is how to update Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.1 based LineageOS custom firmware.
Prerequisites to update Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.1
- Download and install USB drivers for the Google Pixel XL on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Google Pixel XL should be rooted.
- Make sure that TWRP recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Google Pixel XL carries more than 70% charge.
Latest Build : https://www.lineageoslog.com/14.1/marlin
How to update Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.1
- Connect your Google Pixel XL to your PC using the USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Google Pixel XL and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also, wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Locate the LineageOS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.