The Call of Duty: World War 2 PC beta has resulted in a ton of information being made public prior to an official reveal with eager fans sifting through its files. According to Redditor that232guyloot crates in the Call of Duty: World War 2 Nazi Zombies mode make a return akin to micro-transactions in past Call of Duty games. They’re referred to as Zombie Crates in this game.
“These are the micro-transactions of the game like Gobblegum from BO3 [Call of Duty: Black Ops 3] or F&F Cards from IW [Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare]. They come in the new Zombie Crates which look like Jack-In-The-Boxes this time. Consumables in this game are not rarities themselves, rather the amount of times you can use them in a game is the rarity and you can carry up to 2 consumables at a time,” the post reads.
This is followed up with a description of when these loot crates can be used. Common variants are single use, rate can be used twice, legendary has three uses, and epic can be used upto four times. Furthermore, the post goes on to outline what gameplay features you can expect.
Call of Duty: World War 2 Nazi Zombies gameplay features
- Mystery Box: The Mystery Box generates new weapons at random for a fixed price. If multiple boxes are present, only one box will be active at a time, and each box will only work so many times before activating at a new location.
- Ubersprengen (Pack-A-Punch): Newly unlocked, the machine sits ready to receive weapons. It seems to upgrade weapons with power and unique traits. Upgraded weapons can also have their ammo restocked here or at their corresponding Weapon Locker.
- Photobooth: Saves your weapons, even through death. Come back here after death to recover your weapons.
- Daily Challenges: Daily Challenges.
- Story/Cutscene Menu: Congrats! You unlocked a secret story cinematic of our heroes. You can watch it now or find it later by selecting STORY in the main menu.
- Power Switch: Hold to enable power. Prestige: “#Prestiging in Zombies is not yet implemented” Notebook (Inventory): Press to view notebook. Unlocking Mods: Locked, research more Mods.
In addition to this, Call of Duty: World War 2 gun customisation has been leaked too. Unlike previous games that saw a host of generic options, this time around Call of Duty: World War 2 opts for time period appropriate fare allowing you to deck up your guns in 1940s cartoons, flag designs, propaganda posters and more.